Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Girly Girl Feather Topiary

I found this little planter at Hobby Lobby a few years ago and I knew that I wanted it to be girly and I finally figured out what to do with it. Ta Da!! This goes out to my bloggy friend Joni over at Mamas Crafty Place, she makes the cutest black and pink zebra items for her daughter. Go check out the pretty things that she has made.



You have a minute toPin It

I bought a 6" styrofoam ball, feather boa, dowel and black maribou. I wrapped the dowel with black ribbon and used floral pins to attach the feather boa to the styrofoam ball and glued the dowel to the ball. I took the maribou and glued it around the top of the planter.



I like the little blingy on the planter.

I hope Joni likes it.
I'm linking to:
Polly Want a Crafter, Today's Creative Blog, A Diamond in the Stuff, Dragonfly Designs, How to Nest for Less, Oopsey Daisy, Seven Thirty Three, Someday Crafts, Yesterday on Tuesday, Fireflies and Jellybeans, No Minimalist Here , Radcrafter, A Creative Princess, Artistic 31 Mama
Love and Pretty Pieces

Marisa Pin It Now!

7 comments:

  1. Just wanted to hop over and say thank you for visiting Shabby Sweet Tea today!

    This little project of yours is just too cute! How adorable would a few of these be on a table for a birthday party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH. MY. GOODNESS!!!! This is so darling Marisa! I am definitely putting this on my to-do for Kadee's room list :) Thanks so much for sharing, you are such an inspiration to me!

    Congrats on the new house, it looks like it is wonderful. I hope that the move goes well and that your hubby is feeling better too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Thank you so much you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marisa - that is so different and very pretty. I love feathers. I was in Michael's yesterday and saw that they were carrying feathers. I once did two Halloween costumes (many years ago), where I needed about 20 pounds of feathers. I had to go to a costume supply place in order to buy them. I was a "white owl" and my boyfriend was "the raven." It was a success - everyone loved it (but it took forever to weave the white feathers! Let me tell you!)

    Linda

    PS - a little late...but thanks for following me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!! Sounds like it was a hoot.hehe Do you have any pics of your coustume? Thank you so much.

      Delete
  5. O wow! So cool! My best friend would love this! :-) I'm sure a lot of girls would. I love the pink zebra base with the gems! Thanks for sharing and linking up this week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Faith. Have a very Happy Mother's Day.

      Delete