Friday, December 16, 2011

Nutcracker Wreath and Serving Platter

I love Nutcrackers. When my oldest son was a teenager he was dating a girl that took ballet and she was in "The Nutcracker" at our local Grand Theater and I have collected Nutcrackers ever since. I made this wreath for my front door.




Nutcracker Platter

Have you ladies checked out Purple Chocolat Home? She has a beautiful home and as I was checking out her blog I came across her Nutcracker tablescape that you can check out here. I love the Nutcracker serving platter and I knew that I could make one too. So I got one of my Nutcrackers that had a flat top and I just recently bought this round wooden cutting board from the Thrift store and I had no idea what I was going to do with it, but I do now.

I primed it first and then sprayed it with Krylon Cherry Red(several coats)and then used Gorilla Glue to attach it. I love how it turned out.

I won't be able to put food directly on it since I painted it, so I put a decorative napkin on it or I could put a candy dish. I will definitely make more just as soon as I find some more round wooden pieces.





Love and Christmas pieces Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment